ParentVue Parent Portal is now ACTIVE! Please check out our side link (on the district home page) for website and instructions!
(ParentVue is for TRMS and PHS parents only at this time.)
Girls Region 7A - Semifinals
Saturday, February 25#2 Peabody Golden Tide vs. #1 Huntingdon Mustangs
at Bethel, 6:00
Boys Region 7A - Round 1
Friday, February 24#3 Peabody Golden Tide vs. #2 Huntingdon Mustangs
at Huntingdon, 7:00
|Girls: All-Academic Team|
STEM = Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. This will be a great event as we have presenters from the professional community coming to share information about STEM careers.
One Day ACT Prep Class – Prepare Now for the National Exam!
The Trenton Special School District is attempting to meet or surpass some excellent work done by our faculty and students over the last two years:
Spring, 2014 and 2015 Peabody: EOC Results
P/A = % of students who were Proficient and Advanced
Growth = TVAAS, or Tennessee Value Added Assessment System--- (Basically, a positive number means we took a student at the beginning of the year and gained more than a years worth of knowledge with them in that subject. The larger the number, the more we "grew" them).
- Algebra 1:
- 2014- #11 of 368 schools in TN in P/A; Top 3%. Growth; 43.7
- 2015- #8 of 376 schools in TN in P/A; Top 2%. Growth; 36.3
- Algebra 2:
- 2014- #7 of 136 districts in TN in growth (19.6, for a 25% increase); Top 5%
- 2015- #20 of 359 schools in TN in proficiency; Top 6%. Growth; 39.4
- English 1:
- 2014- #4 of 136 districts in TN in growth (4.5, for a 15.6% increase); Top 3%.
- 2015- #43 of 367 schools in TN in P/A; Top 12%. Growth; 3.5
- English 2:
- 2015- #41 of 370 schools in TN in P/A; Top 11%. Growth; 6.9
- English 3:
- 2014- #4 of 136 districts in TN in growth (2.5, for a 12.9% increase); Top 3%.
- 2015- #91 of 371 schools in TN in P/A; Top 25%. Growth; 4.2
- 2015- #80 of 373 schools in TN in P/A; Top 22%. Growth; 16.6
- 2015- #58 of 366 schools in TN in P/A; Top 16%.
Source: 2014- Tracy Allen, Educational Consultant
Source: 2015- Tennessee Department of Education
Peabody High School was founded in 1877 with money donated by George Peabody.
Mr. Peabody was an international merchant and financier. At the conclusion of the Civil War, he donated $3.4 million to establish the 'Peabody Education Fund' in order to rebuild schools in the south. The $3.4 million would be the equivalent of $75 million today.
In recognition of this act of philanthropy, Congress unanimously approved a resolution of gratitude and presented Peabody with a gold medal. Also, President Andrew Johnson personally visited Peabody and thanked him for his efforts.
"Although George Peabody was first and foremost an American
businessman, his philosophic ideals transcended the war. As such, he
was more concerned with helping people than with politics. This was
evident in the effort he put forth in the Peabody Education Fund."
-Mayor Michael Bonfanti